Agricultural Pesticides: Europe
This report forecasts to 2025 agricultural pesticides demand in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in Europe. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: herbicides; fungicides; insecticides; and other pesticides such as bactericides, defoliants and desiccants, and nematicides. Total demand is also segmented by crop as follows: vegetables and potatoes; fruit; corn; wheat; barley; and other crops such as soybeans, rice, and cotton.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2010 to 2020; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2010, 2015, and 2020.
Also included in the scope of this report are repellants, which instead of killing pests, are designed to repel or discourage their presence. Excluded from coverage in this report are: bulk commodities such as copper, sulfur, and petroleum oils; wood preservatives; disinfectants and antimicrobials – which are often regulated as pesticides; and commercial (including floriculture) and consumer (including home edible gardening).
Unless otherwise specified, data are for formulated pesticide products (i.e., the first level of formulation after the production of technical-grade pesticide active ingredients).
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2020.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Code:
325320 Pesticide and other agricultural chemical manufacturing
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact
- Sustainability Initiatives
- New Regulations
- Demand by Country
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Other Pesticides
- CROP SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Vegetables & Potatoes
- Other Crops
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Europe: Key Trends in Agricultural Pesticide Demand, 2020 - 2025
- Figure 2 | Europe: Agricultural Pesticide Demand Trends, 2010 - 2020
- Table 1 | Europe: Key Indicators for Agricultural Pesticide Demand, 2010 - 2025 (2019US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | Europe: Agricultural Pesticide Demand by Country, 2020 (%)
- Figure 4 | Europe: Agricultural Pesticide Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Table 2 | Europe: Agricultural Pesticide Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 5 | Europe: Agricultural Pesticide Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Figure 6 | Europe: Agricultural Pesticide Demand by Crop, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Table 3 | Europe: Agricultural Pesticide Demand by Crop, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 7 | Europe: Agricultural Pesticide Demand by Crop, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Table 4 | Europe: Selected Suppliers to the Agricultural Pesticide Market
- Table 5 | Countries in Western Europe
- Table 6 | Countries in Eastern Europe
- Table 7 | HS Codes Related to Agricultural Pesticides
- Table 8 | NACE Codes Related to Agricultural Pesticides