Published Nov 30, 2018 | 32 Pages | Pub ID: FFO15862658
This report forecasts to 2022 bearing demand and shipments in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in China. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: ball bearings, roller bearings, plain bearings, and mounted and combined ball/roller bearings and separately sold bearing parts (including balls, rollers, cages, cups, and rings). Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: machinery, motor vehicles, motorcycles, aerospace equipment, and other markets such as medical equipment and railroad equipment.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2007 to 2017; shipments and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2007, 2012, and 2017.
Excluded from the scope of this report are: adaptor and withdrawal sleeves; flexure, fluid, magnetic, and other types of bearings; lock nuts and washers; lubricators; and retaining plates.
Whenever possible, efforts were made to prevent bearing sales from being counted more than once in the numbers presented here, although the structure of the bearing industry complicates this process. For example, cages manufactured by one company and balls made by another firm might be sold to a third enterprise, which uses these and other components fabricated internally to produce unmounted ball bearings. These bearings might then be sold to a fourth company, which uses them and housing purchased from a fifth firm to assemble mounted ball bearing units, which are then sold to end users. Each of the business transactions by these five enterprises is reported as a bearing product sale. As a result, final sales to bearing users are somewhat different in dollar terms than total bearing company product sales.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2017.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
- Table Figure 1 | China: Key Trends in the Bearing Market, 2017 - 2022
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | China: Bearing Demand Trends, 2007 - 2017
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table China: Key Indicators for Bearing Demand, 2007 - 2022
- Technological Developments
- Legal & Regulatory Factors
- Asia/Pacific Regional Outlook
- Table Figure 3 | Asia/Pacific: Bearing Demand by Country, 2017
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 | China: Bearing Demand by Product, 2007 - 2022
- Table China: Bearing Demand by Product, 2007 - 2022
- Ball Bearings
- Roller Bearings
- Plain Bearings
- Other Bearings & Bearing Parts
- Table Figure 5 | China: Bearing Demand by Product, 2007 - 2022
- Table Figure 6 | China: Bearing Demand by Market, 2007 - 2022
- Table China: Bearing Demand by Market, 2007 - 2022
- Motor Vehicles
- Aerospace Equipment
- Other Markets
- Table Figure 7 | China: Bearing Demand by Market, 2007 - 2022
- Supply & Demand
- Table China: Bearing Supply & Demand, 2007 - 2022
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table China: Selected Participants in the Bearing Industry
- Wafangdian Bearing
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table HS Codes Related to Bearings
- Table SITC Codes Related to Bearings
- Freedonia Methodology