Bricks, Blocks, & Pavers: United States
This report forecasts to 2025 US brick, block, and paver demand in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: bricks, blocks, and pavers.
Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: residential buildings, commercial buildings, and nonbuilding.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2010 to 2020; and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2010, 2015, and 2020.
Bricks include clay bricks (glazed and unglazed) as well as bricks made from concrete: For the purposes of this report, brick units are defined as having dimensions of 3-5/8 inches by 2-1/4 inches by 7-5/8 inches. These are known in the industry as “standard brick units”; the production of clay bricks of other dimensions are converted into an equivalent volume of standard brick units. Pavers are bricks or blocks (except those made from clay, which are classified as bricks) used specifically for paving a surface. Paver units are also given in standard brick unit size, although it is important to note that pavers are generally laid with the largest face exposed, unlike bricks, which are typically laid with the long narrow face exposed (i.e., the height of the brick face is less than the depth of the brick in the wall). Blocks include structural concrete block and retaining wall block. Block units are given in standard units measuring 7-5/8 inches by 7-5/8 inches by 15-5/8 inches.
Standardized measurements for the above are given in order of depth by height by length when the product is laid in a building wall in standard fashion (known as “stretcher” orientation when laying building brick): Furthermore, the dimensions given are actual dimensions. Nominal dimensions are slightly larger, generally to the next full inch, and include an allowance for mortar between each unit.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
327331 Concrete block & brick manufacturing
327121 Brick & structural clay tile manufacturing
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact on the Bricks, Blocks, & Pavers Industry
- Sustainability Initiatives
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Residential Buildings
- Commercial Buildings
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Share
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Key Trends in US Brick, Block, & Paver Demand, 2020 - 2025
- Figure 2 | US Brick, Block, & Paver Demand Trends, 2010 - 2020
- Table 1 | Key Indicators for US Brick, Block, & Paver Demand, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | US Brick, Block, & Paver Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Table 2 | US Brick, Block, & Paver Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 4 | US Brick, Block, & Paver Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Figure 5 | US Brick, Block, & Paver Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Table 3 | US Brick, Block, & Paver Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 6 | US Brick, Block, & Paver Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Figure 7 | US Brick, Block, & Paver Market Share by Company, 2020 (%)
- Table 4 | Leading Suppliers to the US Brick, Block, & Paver Market by Product
- Table 5 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Bricks, Blocks, & Pavers