Construction Machinery: Europe
This report forecasts to 2025 construction machinery demand and production in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in Europe. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: excavators, loaders, cranes and draglines, dozers and off-highway trucks, grading and compaction equipment, mixing and paving equipment, and parts and attachments.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2010 to 2020; production and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2010, 2015, and 2020.
While this equipment is used primarily for construction, it may also be used in mining, energy production, forestry, agriculture, and other applications, and demand in those uses is included within the scope of this report. This report covers machinery powered by its own engine and machinery that is propelled or pulled by another piece of equipment or by a person. Excluded from the scope of this report are: handheld equipment, such as jackhammers; products that can be used in construction work but are not primarily construction machinery, including aerial work platforms, dredging machinery, forklifts and telehandlers, industrial cranes, log splitters, pile driving equipment, and tunneling machinery; cranes used in seaports (specifically those for maritime applications) and in other industrial settings, such as gantry or overhead cranes; used construction equipment; leased and rental equipment; remanufactured equipment; and sales of parts and attachments to new machinery OEMs.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2020.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact on the Construction Machinery Industry
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Cranes & Draglines
- Dozers & Off-Highway Trucks
- Grading & Compaction Equipment
- Mixing & Paving Equipment
- Parts & Attachments
- SUPPLY & DEMAND FORECASTS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Europe: Key Trends in Construction Machinery Demand, 2020 - 2025
- Figure 2 | Europe: Construction Machinery Demand Trends, 2010 - 2020
- Table 1 | Europe: Key Indicators for Construction Machinery Demand, 2010 - 2025 (2019US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | Europe: Construction Machinery Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Table 2 | Europe: Construction Machinery Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 4 | Europe: Construction Machinery Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Table 3 | Western Europe: Construction Machinery Supply & Demand, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Table 4 | Eastern Europe: Construction Machinery Supply & Demand, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Table 5 | Europe: Leading Suppliers to the Construction Machinery Market
- Table 6 | Countries in Western Europe
- Table 7 | Countries in Eastern Europe
- Table 8 | Relevant HS Codes
- Table 9 | Relevant NACE Codes