Consumer Water Treatment Systems: Canada
This report forecasts to 2022 consumer water treatment system demand in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in Canada. Total aftermarket component demand by value is also forecast to 2022. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: under-sink, countertop, faucet-mounted, flow-through and other point-of-use products, and point-of-entry. Total demand is also segmented by technology as follows: conventional filtration; membrane separation; and other technologies such as distillation, ultraviolet disinfection, and ozone treatment.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2007 to 2017; total aftermarket component demand and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2007, 2012, and 2017.
This report covers the market for consumer water treatment systems primarily designed to decrease the amount of contaminants in water in households. Systems purchased by consumers for personal use outside of the home (e.g., during leisure activities, pleasure, work, or school) are also considered, as are aftermarket components such as replacement filters and membranes. Refrigerator water filters and pitchers are excluded because these systems are originally sold to equipment manufacturers and only the replacement units are sold to consumers. Water softeners are also excluded from this report.
The technology under which a particular product is classified is determined by the highest level of treatment in that system. For instance, if a product includes both conventional filtration and reverse osmosis, it is labeled as a reverse osmosis system because that technology removes the most contaminants.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are developed in consideration of values expressed in the applicable local currency, when available. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year, and those exchange rate trends are used to evaluate the overall value series. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate at that prevailing in 2017. All figures cited are in US dollars unless otherwise specified.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
- Table Figure 1 - Canada: Key Trends in the Consumer Water Treatment System Market, 2017 - 2022
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 - Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand Trends, 2007 - 2017
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Canada: Key Indicators for Consumer Water Treatment System Demand, 2007 - 2022
- Product Development
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- Table Water Pollution Types & Sources
- NAFTA Outlook
- Table Figure 3 - NAFTA: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Country, 2017
- Aftermarket Components Outlook
- Table Figure 4 - Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Aftermarket Component Demand, 2007 - 2022
- Table Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Aftermarket Component Demand, 2007 - 2022
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 5 - Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Product, 2007 - 2022
- Table Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Product, 2007 - 2022
- Flow-Through & Other Point-of-Use Products
- Table Figure 6 - Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Product, 2007 - 2022
- Table Figure 7 - Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Technology, 2007 - 2022
- Table Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Technology, 2007 - 2022
- Conventional Filtration
- Membrane Separation
- Other Technologies
- Table Figure 8 - Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Technology, 2007 - 2022
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Canada: Selected Suppliers to the Consumer Water Treatment System Market
- Waterite Technologies
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Consumer Water Treatment Systems
- Freedonia Methodology