Corrugated Boxes: United States
This report forecasts to 2023 US corrugated box demand and shipments in square meters, and containerboard for corrugated boxes demand and shipments in metric tons. Total corrugated box demand is segmented by market in terms of: food and beverage, nonfood nondurable goods, e-commerce, and other markets such as durable goods and catalog sales.
To illustrate historical trends, total corrugated box demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; corrugated box shipments, containerboard for corrugated boxes demand and shipments, and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
This report analyzes the market for corrugated boxes and the main raw material used to make boxes, containerboard. Covered products include: corrugated boxes, including regular slotted containers and other corrugated containers such as die cut and five-panel folder boxes; and containerboard used to make boxes.
Excluded from the scope of this report are: other paper packaging, including set-up boxes, mailers, paperboard folding cartons, protective packaging such as corrugated edge protectors and paper fill, and paper bags; other disposable paper products, such as tissues, toilet paper, and paper foodservice products such as cartons, clamshells, boxes, buckets, cups, and straws; and corrugated board used to make products other than boxes, such as edge protectors and box partitions.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
322130 Paperboard mills
322211 Corrugated and solid fiber box manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 - Key Trends in the US Corrugated Box Market, 2018 - 2023
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 - US Corrugated Box Demand Trends, 2008 - 2018
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Key Indicators for US Corrugated Box Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Competitive Products & Technologies
- E-Commerce Packaging Trends
- North America Regional Outlook
- Table Figure 3 - North America Corrugated Box Demand by Country, 2018
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 - US Corrugated Box Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Table US Corrugated Box Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Food & Beverage
- Nonfood Nondurable Goods
- Other Markets
- Table Figure 5 - US Corrugated Box Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Corrugated Box Supply & Demand
- Table US Corrugated Box Supply & Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Containerboard Supply & Demand
- Table US Containerboard for Corrugated Boxes: Supply & Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- International Paper
- Packaging Corporation of America
- Table Selected Suppliers to the US Corrugated Box Market
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Corrugated Boxes
- Freedonia Methodology