This report forecasts to 2024 countertop demand in square meters in China. Total demand is segmented by material in terms of: solid surface; granite; marble and other natural stone such as limestone, slate, and soapstone; engineered stone; laminate; porcelain slab and sintered stone; and other materials such as glass, stainless steel, and wood. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: residential and nonresidential.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2009 to 2019; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2009, 2014, and 2019.
This report analyzes the market for residential and nonresidential countertops, including kitchen, bathroom, and other (e.g., laundry and bar) countertops for the new construction and remodeling markets. In this report, countertops are defined as countertop surfaces, as well as edging and backsplash, but not countertop materials used as wall coverings.
Countertops used in applications other than residential and nonresidential buildings – such as in recreational vehicles, ships, and boats – are excluded. Surfaces installed on tables, rolling utility carts, and other furniture are also excluded from this report.
Integrated sinks were included in demand if they featured functional counter space on either side of the sink (only the counter space itself was included in the countertop estimate – the sink itself was excluded). If the integrated sink only featured a small edge or lip, the entire integrated sink was excluded.
Tile made from granite, marble, or other natural stones are included in the other materials category.
For purposes of this report, all engineered stone data is at the slab manufacturer's level.
Demand for countertops is measured at the installation level.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- Near-Term Impact of COVID-19
- Foreign Trade
- Area of Installation
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- Asia/Pacific Regional Outlook
- MATERIAL SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Solid Surface
- Marble & Other Natural Stone
- Engineered Stone
- Porcelain Slab & Sintered Stone
- Other Materials
- MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | China: Key Trends in the Countertop Market, 2019 - 2024
- Figure 2 | China: Countertop Demand Trends, 2009 - 2019
- Table 1 | China: Key Indicators for Countertop Demand, 2009 - 2024 (2018US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | China: Countertop Demand by Area of Installation, 2019 (%)
- Figure 4 | Asia/Pacific: Countertop Demand by Country, 2019 (%)
- Figure 5 | China: Countertop Demand by Material, 2009 - 2024 (mil sq mtr)
- Table 2 | China: Countertop Demand by Material, 2009 - 2024 (mil sq mtr)
- Figure 6 | China: Countertop Demand by Material, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Figure 7 | China: Countertop Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (mil sq mtr)
- Table 3 | China: Countertop Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (mil sq mtr)
- Figure 8 | China: Countertop Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Table 4 | China: Selected Material Suppliers to the Countertop Market
- Table 5 | HS Codes Related to Countertops