Fertilizers: United States
This report forecasts to 2022 US fertilizer demand and production in metric tons. Total demand is segmented by nutrient in terms of: nitrogen; potassium; phosphate; and other nutrients such as boron, copper, and iron. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: agriculture, and commercial and consumer.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2007 to 2017; total production and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2007, 2012, and 2017.
Products include nitrogen, phosphate, potassium, micronutrients (e.g., sulfur), and commercially manufactured organic fertilizers. On-site fertilizer production (e.g., animal waste, kitchen scraps) is excluded from the scope of this report.
Unless otherwise noted, demand is given in metric tons (nutrient basis) and is evaluated at the manufacturer level. Manufacturer level demand includes any formulation and additives included by the manufacturer in the fertilizer product shipped to distributors, retailers, and secondary formulators such as fertilizer application services or consumer formulators. Additional formulation by distributors, service companies, and end users is excluded.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
115112 Soil Preparation, Planting, and Cultivating
212393 Other Chemical and Fertilizer Mineral Mining
325311 Nitrogenous Fertilizer Manufacturing
325312 Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing
325314 Fertilizer (Mixing Only) Manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 | Key Trends in US Fertilizer Demand, 2017 - 2022
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | US Fertilizer Demand Trends, 2007 - 2017
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Key Indicators for US Fertilizer Demand, 2007 - 2022
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 3 | US Fertilizer Demand by Nutrient, 2007 – 2022
- Table US Fertilizer Demand by Nutrient, 2007 – 2022
- Table US Fertilizer Supply & Demand, 2007 – 2022
- Table Figure 4 | US Fertilizer Demand by Nutrient, 2007 - 2022
- Other Nutrients
- Table Figure 5 | US Fertilizer Demand by Market, 2007 – 2022
- Table US Fertilizer Demand by Market, 2007 – 2022
- Commercial & Consumer
- Table Figure 6 | US Fertilizer Demand by Market, 2007 - 2022
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Leading Suppliers to the US Fertilizer Market by Product
- CF Industries
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Fertilizers
- Freedonia Methodology