Flat Glass: United States
This report forecasts to 2023 US flat glass demand in square meters and nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level. Total US flat glass production is also forecasted to 2023 in square meters and metric tons. Total demand by value is segmented by market in terms of: residential buildings; nonresidential buildings; motor vehicle original equipment manufacturer; motor vehicle aftermarket; and other markets such as solar energy, electronic display screens, and aerospace equipment glass.
To illustrate historical trends, total fabricated flat glass demand by value is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; total US flat glass production in area and volume terms, total flat glass demand in area terms, and the various demand segments by value are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
Production data reflect primarily float glass, but also include sheet glass, rolled glass, plate glass, and specialty types of flat glass such as patterned glass. Capacity figures include only float glass and, where noted, patterned glass.
Demand by market for fabricated flat glass is presented in US dollars. Fabricated flat glass includes both basic glass as well as processed and value-added products such as laminated, tempered, and insulating glass. Thus, the dollar values presented per square meter of flat glass include the inherent value added by fabrication.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Code:
327211 Flat glass manufacturing
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- Flat Glass Industry Overview
- Technology & Innovation
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- North America Regional Outlook
- MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Residential Buildings
- Nonresidential Buildings
- Motor Vehicle OEM
- Motor Vehicle Aftermarket
- Other Markets
- SUPPLY & DEMAND FORECASTS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Industry Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Key Trends in the US Fabricated Flat Glass Market, 2018 - 2023
- Figure 2 | US Fabricated Flat Glass Demand Trends, 2008 - 2018
- Table 1 | Key Indicators for US Flat Glass Demand, 2008 - 2023 (US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | North America Fabricated Flat Glass Demand by Country, 2018 (%)
- Figure 4 | US Fabricated Flat Glass Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023 (US$ bil)
- Table 2 | US Fabricated Flat Glass Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023 (US$ mil)
- Figure 5 | US Fabricated Flat Glass Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023 (%)
- Table 3 | US Flat Glass Supply & Demand, 2008 - 2023 (mil sq mtr)
- Table 4 | US Float Glass Production Capacity by Company, Year-End 2019 (m tons/day)
- Table 5 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Flat Glass