This report forecasts to 2024 flooring demand and production in square meters in Canada. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: carpets and rugs, nonresilient flooring, and resilient flooring.
Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: residential, nonresidential, and transportation equipment and other markets such as nonbuilding.
Total flooring production is segmented by product in terms of: carpets and rugs, and hard surface flooring.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2009 to 2019; production and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2009, 2014, and 2019.
For purposes of this report, flooring is any finish material installed over a floor structure to provide a walking surface and is synonymous with floor covering. Excluded from the scope of this report are subfloors, floor underlayment, and polished concrete.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
314110 Carpet & Rug Mills
321918 Other Millwork (Including Flooring)
326199 All Other Plastics Product Manufacturing
326291 Rubber Product Manufacturing For Mechanical Use
327120 Clay Building Material and Refractories Manufacturing
332322 Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on the Flooring Industry
- Sustainability Initiatives
- North America Regional Outlook
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Carpets & Rugs
- MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Transportation Equipment & Other Markets
- SUPPLY & DEMAND
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Canada: Key Trends in the Flooring Market, 2019 - 2024
- Figure 2 | Canada: Flooring Demand Trends, 2009 - 2019
- Table 1 | Canada: Key Indicators for Flooring Demand, 2009 - 2024 (2018US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | North America: Flooring Demand by Country, 2019 (%)
- Figure 4 | Canada: Flooring Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (mil sq mtr)
- Table 2 | Canada: Flooring Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (mil sq mtr)
- Figure 5 | Canada: Flooring Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Figure 6 | Canada: Flooring Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (mil sq mtr)
- Table 3 | Canada: Flooring Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (mil sq mtr)
- Figure 7 | Canada: Flooring Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Table 4 | Canada: Flooring Supply & Demand, 2009 - 2024 (mil sq mtr)
- Table 5 | Canada: Selected Suppliers to the Flooring Market
- Table 6 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Flooring