Forestry Equipment: United States
This report forecasts to 2023 US forestry equipment demand and production in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: felling equipment; extracting equipment; loaders; on-site processing equipment; mulchers and other equipment such as dozers and other logging site preparation machinery, brushcutters, and scarifiers; and separately sold parts and attachments.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; production and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
This report analyzes the supply of and demand for forestry equipment, including both purpose-built forestry machinery and agricultural and construction equipment adapted for use in forestry applications.
Excluded from the scope of this report are: chainsaws used in construction, emergency rescue, lawn and garden care (including professional arborist products), and all other non-forestry settings; vehicles utilized to transport personnel and equipment to and from forestry sites; on-road trucks and trailers used to transport logs and wood chips from the landing to sawmills and other off-site facilities; used forestry equipment of all types; personal protection products like helmets and gloves; and axes, handsaws, and other non-powered equipment (such as log sleds/skids designed to be pulled by horses) used in manual logging operations.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Code:
333120 Construction machinery manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 - Key Trends in the US Forestry Equipment Market, 2018 - 2023
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 - US Forestry Equipment Demand Trends, 2008 - 2018
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Key Indicators for US Forestry Equipment Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Technology & Innovation
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- Used, Remanufactured, &Leased Machinery Competition
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 3 - US Forestry Equipment Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table US Forestry Equipment Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Felling Equipment
- Extracting Equipment
- On-Site Processing Equipment
- Mulchers & Other Equipment
- Separately Sold Parts & Attachments
- Table Figure 4 - US Forestry Equipment Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Supply & Demand
- Table US Forestry Equipment Supply & Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Selected Suppliers to the US Forestry Equipment Market
- Blount International
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Forestry Equipment
- Freedonia Methodology