HVAC Equipment: Canada
This report forecasts to 2025 HVAC equipment demand and shipments in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in Canada. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: unitary air conditioners; warm air furnaces; room air conditioners; central heating boilers; heat pumps; and other HVAC equipment such as absorption liquid chilling systems, chillers, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, packaged terminal air conditioners (PTACs), and room and zone heaters. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: nonresidential and residential.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2010 to 2020; shipments and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2010, 2015, and 2020.
Excluded from the scope of this report are portable versions of equipment such as air conditioners, heaters, dehumidifiers, and humidifiers; sanitary hot water heat pumps; heat pumps used to solely produce hot water, to heat pools, or to provide refrigeration; products associated with combined heat and power generation systems; ventilation systems, including air handlers and ductwork; fluid circulation systems, including radiators used with boilers; used and rental equipment; and equipment used in vehicles.
Housing units located in a structure whose primary purpose is something other than habitation, such as a small living space contained in a larger retail facility, are outside of the report's scope.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in Canadian dollars. These Canadian dollar values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2020.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
333414 Heating Equipment (except Warm Air Furnaces) Manufacturing
333415 Air-Conditioning and Warm Air Heating Equipment and Commercial and Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact on the HVAC Equipment Industry
- Technology & Product Innovation
- Sustainability Issues
- North America Regional Outlook
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Unitary Air Conditioners
- Warm Air Furnaces
- Room Air Conditioners
- Central Heating Boilers
- Heat Pumps
- Other HVAC Equipment
- MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- SUPPLY & DEMAND FORECASTS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Canada: Key Trends in HVAC Equipment Demand, 2020 - 2025
- Figure 2 | Canada: HVAC Equipment Demand Trends, 2010 - 2020
- Table 1 | Canada: Key Indicators for HVAC Equipment Demand, 2010 - 2025 (2019US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | North America: HVAC Equipment Demand by Country, 2020 (%)
- Figure 4 | Canada: HVAC Equipment Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Table 2 | Canada: HVAC Equipment Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 5 | Canada: HVAC Equipment Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Figure 6 | Canada: HVAC Equipment Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Table 3 | Canada: HVAC Equipment Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 7 | Canada: HVAC Equipment Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Table 4 | Canada: HVAC Equipment Supply & Demand, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Table 5 | Selected Suppliers to the Canada HVAC Equipment Market
- Table 6 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to HVAC Equipment