Industrial Silica Sand: Canada
This report forecasts to 2022 industrial silica sand demand and production in metric tons in Canada. Total industrial silica sand demand is also forecasted in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level. Total demand by volume is segmented by market in terms of: hydraulic fracturing; foundry; building products; container glass; flat glass and other glass such as decorative glass, glass ceramics, and glass fiber; chemicals; and other markets such as abrasives, ceramic production, and industrial filler.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2007 to 2017; total production, total demand by value, and the various demand segments by volume are reported at five-year intervals for 2007, 2012, and 2017.
This report analyzes the market for industrial silica sand, also referred to as silica sand, industrial sand, and quartz sand. Both captive silica sand quarried for use within a company's operations (such as for glass manufacturing) and silica sand sold on the open market are covered. Additionally, the scope of this report encompasses the raw sand component of coated sand; however, the value added from the coating process is excluded. Construction sand, which features lower silica content relative to industrial sand, is excluded from this report.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2017. All figures cited are in US dollars unless otherwise specified.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
- Table Figure 1 | Canada: Key Trends in the Industrial Silica Sand Market, 2017 – 2022
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | Canada: Industrial Silica Sand Demand Trends, 2007 – 2017
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Canada: Key Indicators for Industrial Silica Sand Demand, 2007 – 2022
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- NAFTA Outlook
- Table Figure 3 | NAFTA: Industrial Silica Sand Demand by Country, 2017
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 | Canada: Industrial Silica Sand Demand by Market, 2007 – 2022
- Table Canada: Industrial Silica Sand Demand by Market, 2007 – 2022
- Table Canada: Industrial Silica Sand Supply & Demand, 2007 – 2022
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Building Products
- Container Glass
- Flat & Other Glass
- Other Markets
- Table Figure 5 | Canada: Industrial Silica Sand Demand by Market, 2007 – 2022
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Canada: Selected Suppliers to the Industrial Silica Sand Market
- Source Energy Services
- US Silica
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Industrial Silica Sand
- Freedonia Methodology