Magnets: United States
This report forecasts to 2023 US magnet demand in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: neodymium; ferrite; samarium cobalt; and alnico and other magnets such as copper nickel iron, iron chromium cobalt, and iron cobalt vanadium. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: electronics; automotive; industrial; and other markets such as aerospace and military equipment, all-terrain vehicles, and electric bicycles and scooters.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
This report analyzes the US market for permanent magnets, which are defined as ""hard"" materials that can be magnetized (gain the ability to attract iron and other ferromagnetic objects) by an external magnetic field and remain magnetized after the external field is removed. In this report, the terms ""magnets"" and ""magnetic materials"" are used as synonyms for permanent magnets and permanent magnetic materials.
Demand figures presented here represent the value of finished magnets and do not include the value of magnet-containing subassemblies or devices.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
327110 Pottery, ceramics, and plumbing fixture manufacturing
332999 All other miscellaneous fabricated metal product manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 | Key Trends in the US Magnet Market, 2018 - 2023
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | US Magnet Demand Trends, 2008 - 2018
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Key Indicators for US Magnet Demand, 2008 - 2023
- Raw Materials
- Technological Developments
- Regulatory Trends
- North American Regional Outlook
- Table Figure 3 | North America Magnet Demand by Country, 2018
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 | US Magnet Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023
- Table US Magnet Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023
- Samarium Cobalt
- Alnico & Other Magnets
- Table Figure 5 | US Magnet Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023
- Table Figure 6 | US Magnet Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023
- Table US Magnet Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023
- Other Markets
- Table Figure 7 | US Magnet Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Selected Suppliers to the US Magnet Market
- Shin-Etsu Chemical
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Magnets
- Freedonia Methodology