Major Household Appliances: Canada
This report forecasts to 2023 major household appliance sales and shipments in units in Canada. Total sales and shipments are segmented by product in terms of: refrigerators, washing machines, large cooking appliances, clothes dryers, dishwashers, and freezers. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: new and replacement.
To illustrate historical trends, total sales are provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; shipments and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
This report analyzes supply and sales of major household appliances, also known as ""white goods"". Also included are: commercial-grade units that are installed in residential homes, as well as major household appliances that are installed in outdoor residential spaces (e.g., garages and outdoor kitchens); portable and countertop versions of the covered products; specialty appliances (e.g., kimchi and wine refrigerators); and combination units such as refrigerators with a freezer compartment, all-in-one kitchen units also known as combo-kitchens (for the purposes of this report, each major household appliance installed in one of these units counts as a separate unit for sales and appliances in use), and combination washer-dryer units and laundry centers.
Excluded from the scope of this report are: small cooking appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, and microwave ovens; miscellaneous household appliances such as air conditioners, vacuum cleaners, hair dryers, and water heaters; consumer electronics such as DVD players, televisions, and computers; cooking appliances used in outdoor settings, such as wood-burning ovens, grills, and fire pits; major household appliance accessories such as range hoods; and major household appliance parts such as door assemblies, cooking chambers, and air compressors.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Code:
335220 Household cooking appliance manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 | Canada: Key Trends in the Major Household Appliance Market, 2018 – 2023
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | Canada: Major Household Appliance Sales Trends, 2008 – 2018
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Canada: Key Indicators for Major Household Appliance Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Technology, Innovations, & New Products
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- North America Regional Outlook
- Table Figure 3 | North America: Major Household Appliance Sales by Country, 2018
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 | Canada: Major Household Appliance Sales by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table Canada: Major Household Appliance Sales by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Washing Machines
- Large Cooking Appliances
- Clothes Dryers
- Table Figure 5 | Canada: Major Household Appliance Sales by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table Figure 6 | Canada: Major Household Appliance Sales by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Table Canada: Major Household Appliance Sales by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Table Figure 7 | Canada: Major Household Appliance Sales by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Supply & Demand
- Table Canada: Major Household Appliance Supply & Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Canada: Major Suppliers to the Major Household Appliance Market
- Haier Group
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Major Household Appliances
- Freedonia Methodology