Material Handling Equipment: Canada
This report forecasts to 2023 material handling equipment demand and production in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in Canada. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: conveying equipment; industrial trucks and tractors; automated guided vehicles (AGVs) and related equipment and software; hoists, cranes, and monorails; and automated storage and retrieval systems. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: manufacturing; mining; distribution; construction; and other markets such as agriculture, forestry, and waste management.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; production and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
Excluded from the scope of this report are: aerial work platforms; elevators; lift tables; construction-type cranes (principally mobile and tower cranes), wrecker cranes, and similar items sometimes considered to be material handling equipment; related services such as equipment maintenance; and spare parts.
Demand for material handling equipment is classified by the primary function of a building if the building includes multiple functions. For example, manufacturing facilities that include some warehousing operations are included in the manufacturing market, while buildings whose primary purpose is warehousing are counted in the distribution market if they include some manufacturing operations.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2018.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
333922 Conveyor and conveying equipment mfg
333923 Overhead traveling crane, hoist, and monorail system mfg
333924 Industrial truck, tractor, trailer, and stacker machinery mfg
- Table Figure 1 | Canada: Key Trends in the Material Handling Equipment Market, 2018 – 2023
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | Canada: Material Handling Equipment Demand Trends, 2008 – 2018
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Canada: Key Indicators for Material Handling Equipment Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Technology, Innovation, & Automation
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- North America Regional Outlook
- Table Figure 3 | North America: Material Handling Equipment Demand by Country, 2018
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 | Canada: Material Handling Equipment Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table Canada: Material Handling Equipment Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Conveying Equipment
- Industrial Trucks & Tractors
- Automated Guided Vehicles & Related Equipment & Software
- Hoists, Cranes, & Monorails
- Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems
- Table Figure 5 | Canada: Material Handling Equipment Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table Figure 6 | Canada: Material Handling Equipment Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Table Canada: Material Handling Equipment Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Other Markets
- Table Figure 7 | Canada: Material Handling Equipment Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Supply & Demand
- Table Canada: Material Handling Equipment Supply & Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Industry Leaders
- Table Canada: Selected Suppliers to the Material Handling Equipment Market by Product
- CRS Crane Systems
- Rolmaster Conveyors
- Stärke Material Handling Group
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Material Handling Equipment
- Freedonia Methodology