Membrane Separation Technologies: Canada
This report forecasts to 2023 membrane demand in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in Canada. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: microfiltration; reverse osmosis; ultrafiltration; and other membranes such as nanofiltration, electrodialysis, and pervaporation.
Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: water treatment; food and beverage processing; wastewater treatment; pharmaceutical and medical; and other markets such as chemical processing, commercial and consumer water treatment, and electronics processing.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
This report covers the market for membranes, which are permeable surfaces with pore sizes of less than 10 micrometers. Only the membrane elements themselves are included in the scope of this report; membrane filtration units and other related equipment are excluded. Conventional particle filtration (i.e., filters with pore sizes greater than 10 micrometers) are also excluded.
Demand encompasses the sale of a membrane element from the manufacturer to distributors or end users. Additional markups due to the inclusion of the membrane in a larger system or from related services are excluded.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2018.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
325188 All Other Basic Inorganic Chemical Manufacturing
325211 Plastics Material and Resin Manufacturing
325212 Synthetic Rubber Manufacturing
325220 Artificial and Synthetic Fibers and Filaments Manufacturing
325221 Cellulosic Organic Fiber Manufacturing
325222 Noncellulosic Organic Fiber Manufacturing
325414 Biological Product (except Diagnostic) Manufacturing
327110 Pottery, Ceramics, and Plumbing Fixture Manufacturing
332618 Other Fabricated Wire Product Manufacturing
333318 Other Commercial and Service Industry Machinery Manufacturing
333999 All Other Miscellaneous General Purpose Machinery Manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 | Canada: Key Trends in the Membrane Market, 2018 - 2023
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | Canada: Membrane Demand Trends, 2008 - 2018
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Canada: Key Indicators for Membrane Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Table Advantages & Disadvantages of Membrane Separation Technologies
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- North America Regional Outlook
- Table Figure 3 | North America: Membrane Demand by Country, 2018
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 | Canada: Membrane Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023
- Table Canada: Membrane Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023
- Reverse Osmosis
- Other Membranes
- Table Figure 5 | Canada: Membrane Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023
- Table Figure 6 | Canada: Membrane Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023
- Table Canada: Membrane Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023
- Water Treatment
- Food & Beverage Processing
- Wastewater Treatment
- Pharmaceutical & Medical
- Other Markets
- Table Figure 7 | Canada: Membrane Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Canada: Selected Suppliers to the Membrane Market
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Membranes
- Freedonia Methodology