Packaging Machinery: United States
This report forecasts to 2026 US packaging machinery demand and shipments in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: filling; case forming, packing, and sealing; labeling and coding; wrapping, bundling, and palletizing; other machinery (such as bottling and canning line machinery; cartoning equipment; and inspecting, detecting, and checkweighing machinery); and parts. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: food; beverages; pharmaceuticals and personal care products; chemicals; and other markets such as building materials, electronics, and paper and paper products.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2011 to 2021; shipments and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2011, 2016, and 2021.
Machinery that is used to manufacture packaging products, rather than to package end use products, is excluded from the scope of this report.
Also excluded from the scope of this report are certain products sometimes considered to be packaging machinery, including converting equipment (like blow molders, can making machinery, extruders, and other equipment used to form packages – except where they are integral parts of packaging machines such as form-fill-seal equipment) and associated line equipment like conveyors. Used packaging machines of all types and related services such as equipment rebuilding, retrofitting, and systems integration are excluded from the scope.
For the purposes of this report, packaging equipment or packaging systems that perform multiple functions are classified by their primary function. For example, a form-fill-seal machine that also includes a labeling system is considered a form-fill-seal machine, with labeling considered a secondary function.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Code:
333993 Packaging Machinery Manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 | Key Trends in US Packaging Machinery Demand, 2021 - 2026
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | US Packaging Machinery Demand Trends, 2011 - 2021
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Key Indicators for US Packaging Machinery Demand, 2011 - 2026
- COVID-19 Impact
- Functional Competition
- Technology & New Product Development
- North America Regional Outlook
- Table Figure 3 | North America Packaging Machinery Demand by Country, 2021
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 | US Packaging Machinery Demand by Product, 2011 - 2026
- Table US Packaging Machinery Demand by Product, 2011 - 2026
- Case Forming, Packing, &Sealing
- Labeling & Coding
- Wrapping, Bundling, &Palletizing
- Other Machinery
- Table Figure 5 | US Packaging Machinery Demand by Product, 2011 - 2026
- Table Figure 6 | US Packaging Machinery Demand by Market, 2011 - 2026
- Table US Packaging Machinery Demand by Market, 2011 - 2026
- Pharmaceuticals & Personal Care Products
- Other Markets
- Table Figure 7 | US Packaging Machinery Demand by Market, 2011 - 2026
- Supply & Demand
- Table US Packaging Machinery Supply & Demand, 2011 - 2026
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Selected Suppliers to the US Packaging Machinery Market
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Packaging Machinery
- Freedonia Methodology