Packaging Machinery: United States
Attention: There is an updated edition available for this report.
This report forecasts to 2023 US packaging machinery demand and shipments in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: filling and form/fill/seal; labeling and coding; case forming, packing, and sealing; wrapping, bundling, and palletizing; other packaging machinery such as accumulators, collators, and feeders; bottling and canning line equipment; and cartoning machinery; and packaging machinery parts. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: food; beverage; pharmaceuticals and personal care products; chemical products; and other markets such as durable manufacturing industries, transportation and distribution companies, and contract packagers.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; shipments and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
Machinery that is used to manufacture packaging products, rather than to package end use products, is excluded from the scope of this report.
Also excluded from the scope of this report are certain products sometimes considered to be packaging machinery, including converting equipment (like blow molders, can making machinery, extruders, and other equipment used to form packages, unless an integral part of a packaging machine such as form/fill/seal equipment) and associated line equipment like conveyors. Used packaging machines of all types and related services such as equipment rebuilding, retrofitting, and systems integration are excluded from the scope.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Code:
333993 Packaging Machinery Manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 | Key Trends in the US Packaging Machinery Market, 2018 – 2023
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | US Packaging Machinery Demand Trends, 2008 – 2018
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Key Indicators for US Packaging Machinery Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Functional Competition
- Legal & Regulatory Factors
- North America Regional Outlook
- Table Figure 3 | North America Packaging Machinery Demand by Country, 2018
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 | US Packaging Machinery Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table US Packaging Machinery Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Filling & Form/Fill/Seal
- Labeling & Coding
- Case Forming, Packing, &Sealing
- Wrapping, Bundling, &Palletizing
- Other Machinery
- Table Figure 5 | US Packaging Machinery Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table Figure 6 | US Packaging Machinery Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Table US Packaging Machinery Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Pharmaceutical/Personal Care
- Chemical Products
- Other Markets
- Table Figure 7 | US Packaging Machinery Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Supply & Demand
- Table US Packaging Machinery Supply & Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Selected Suppliers to the US Packaging Machinery Market
- Graphic Packaging
- Illinois Tool Works
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Packaging Machinery
- Freedonia Methodology