Pharmaceutical Packaging: Europe
This report forecasts to 2025 pharmaceutical packaging demand in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in Europe. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: bottles and jars; blister packaging; boxes and cartons; prefillable syringes; parenteral vials and ampuls; prefillable inhalers; pouches; tubes; IV containers; and other products such as prescription containers, strip packs, and liquid medication cups.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2010 to 2020; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2010, 2015, and 2020.
Pharmaceutical caps and closures, labels, and packaging accessories are excluded unless otherwise stated. For the purposes of this report, pharmaceutical packaging demand is defined as the value of finished packaging products sold by merchant companies and produced or assembled internally by pharmaceutical manufacturers and contract packaging firms.
Demand for blister packaging in this report includes not only the blister component itself but also the value of the secondary folding carton, shrink wrap, and other accessories (such as tamper-evident seals or packaging inserts). In other words, it is the cost of a finished package to the drug maker (whether it is produced internally or by contract packaging firms). The blister component of the package is generally not used on its own without secondary packaging. As such, demand for boxes and cartons used in the blister packaging is excluded from secondary packaging data to avoid double counting.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate at that prevailing in 2020.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact on the Pharmaceutical Packaging Industry
- Regulatory Factors
- Demand by Country
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Bottles & Jars
- Blister Packaging
- Boxes & Cartons
- Prefillable Syringes
- Parenteral Vials & Ampuls
- Prefillable Inhalers
- IV Containers
- Other Packaging
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Europe: Key Trends in Pharmaceutical Packaging Demand, 2020 - 2025
- Figure 2 | Europe: Pharmaceutical Packaging Demand Trends, 2010 - 2020
- Table 1 | Europe: Key Indicators for Pharmaceutical Packaging Demand, 2010 - 2025 (2019US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | Europe: Pharmaceutical Packaging Demand by Country, 2020 (%)
- Figure 4 | Europe: Pharmaceutical Packaging Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Table 2 | Europe: Pharmaceutical Packaging Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 5 | Europe: Pharmaceutical Packaging Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Table 3 | Europe: Selected Suppliers to the Pharmaceutical Packaging Market
- Table 4 | Countries in Western Europe
- Table 5 | Countries in Eastern Europe
- Table 6 | HS Codes Related to Pharmaceutical Packaging