Plastic Caps & Closures: Europe
This report forecasts to 2024 plastic cap and closure demand in units in Europe. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: threaded, unthreaded, dispensing, and child-resistant. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: beverages; food; pharmaceuticals; and other markets such as cosmetics and toiletries, household chemicals, and paint and coatings.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2009 to 2019; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2009, 2014, and 2019.
A significant degree of overlap exists among product categories. For example, some trigger dispensers are outfitted with child-resistant features. For purposes of this report, a closure is categorized by the primary function of the closure. In the example here, the closure would be categorized as a child-resistant closure.
Excluded from the scope of this report are: caps and closures that are an integral part of the container (e.g., aerosol can valve assemblies); home canning and bottling closures; closures for industrial bulk containers; flexible closures such as twist ties or foil lidding; and caps and closures used in nonpackaging applications (e.g., valve covers, distributor caps, pen caps, food storage containers lids, liquor decanter closures).
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact on the Plastic Caps & Closures Industry
- Sustainability Initiatives
- Demand by Country
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Other Markets
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Europe: Key Trends in Plastic Cap & Closure Demand, 2019 - 2024
- Figure 2 | Europe: Plastic Cap & Closure Demand Trends, 2009 - 2019
- Table 1 | Europe: Key Indicators for Plastic Cap & Closure Demand, 2009 - 2024 (2018US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | Europe: Plastic Cap & Closure Demand by Country, 2019 (%)
- Figure 4 | Europe: Plastic Cap & Closure Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (bil units)
- Table 2 | Europe: Plastic Cap & Closure Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (bil units)
- Figure 5 | Europe: Plastic Cap & Closure Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Figure 6 | Europe: Plastic Cap & Closure Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (bil units)
- Table 3 | Europe: Plastic Cap & Closure Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (bil units)
- Figure 7 | Europe: Plastic Cap & Closure Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Table 4 | Europe: Selected Suppliers to the Plastic Cap & Closure Market
- Table 5 | Countries in Western Europe
- Table 6 | Countries in Eastern Europe
- Table 7 | HS Codes Related to Plastic Caps & Closures
- Table 8 | NACE Codes Related to Plastic Caps & Closures