Rubber Processing Chemicals: United States
This report forecasts to 2023 US rubber processing chemical demand in metric tons. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: antidegradants; accelerators; and other products such as adhesion promoters, blowing agents, and colorants. Total demand is also segmented by application as follows: tire and non-tire.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
Within this report, the word ""demand"" is used synonymously with ""consumption"", and includes captive consumption. Demand for these chemicals includes only those quantities used in rubber processing; quantities used in the processing of plastics and other materials are excluded.
There is no universally accepted definition of the term ""rubber processing chemical"". For the purposes of this report, the term includes only chemicals used in rubber compounding. Reinforcing materials (such as silica and carbon black), inert fillers, extenders, processing oils, and diluents (such as clay, talc, and calcium) are excluded from the scope of this report. Also excluded from consideration are waxes, sulfur, zinc oxide, and stearic acid.
Rubber consumption includes both natural and synthetic rubber. Rubber consumption figures refer to the ""dry weight"" of the rubber (i.e., they do not include the weight of extender oil or any additives). These figures include only new rubber; reclaimed rubber is excluded.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Code:
325998 All Other Miscellaneous Chemical Product and Preparation Manufacturing
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- Demand by Type of Rubber
- North America Regional Outlook
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Other Products
- APPLICATION SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Key Trends in the US Rubber Processing Chemical Market, 2018 - 2023
- Figure 2 | US Rubber Processing Chemical Demand Trends, 2008 - 2018
- Table 1 | Key Indicators for US Rubber Processing Chemical Demand, 2008 - 2023 (2012US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | US Rubber Processing Chemical Demand by Type of Rubber, 2018 (%)
- Figure 4 | North America Rubber Processing Chemical Demand by Country, 2018 (%)
- Figure 5 | US Rubber Processing Chemical Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023 (000 m tons)
- Table 2 | US Rubber Processing Chemical Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023 (000 m tons)
- Figure 6 | US Rubber Processing Chemical Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023 (%)
- Figure 7 | US Rubber Processing Chemical Demand by Application, 2008 - 2023 (000 m tons)
- Table 3 | US Rubber Processing Chemical Demand by Application, 2008 - 2023 (000 m tons)
- Figure 8 | US Rubber Processing Chemical Demand by Application, 2008 - 2023 (%)
- Table 4 | Selected Suppliers to the US Rubber Processing Chemical Market
- Table 5 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Rubber Processing Chemicals