This report forecasts to 2025 silicone demand in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in Europe. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: fluids; elastomers; resins; and gels, foams, and pastes. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: construction; transportation; personal care; electrical equipment; chemical; and other markets such as electronic products, medical and healthcare, and machinery.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2010 to 2020; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2010, 2015, and 2020.
For the purposes of this report, silicones are defined as polymers of silicon and oxygen. To avoid double counting, silicone demand is determined at the producer level and includes only basic products such as elastomers, fluids, resins, and gels. Siloxanes used as silicone products themselves (as in personal care product formulations) are also included. Foam control agents used in foam insulation are included in the chemicals – rather than the construction – market.
Excluded are: downstream silicone products such as adhesives, sealants, lubricants, defoamers, and molded rubber goods; siloxanes used as raw materials for silicones, although siloxanes used as silicone products themselves (as in personal care product formulations) are included; silanes, including chlorosilane intermediates and silane coupling agents, which are not defined as silicone polymers; and fluids used as intermediates in the production of other silicone product types, including gels, elastomers, and resins.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate at that prevailing in 2020.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact on the Silicones Industry
- Sustainability Initiatives
- Key Technology Trends & Opportunities
- Demand by Country
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Gels, Foams, & Pastes
- MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Personal Care
- Electrical Equipment
- Other Markets
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Share
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Europe: Key Trends in Silicone Demand, 2020 - 2025
- Figure 2 | Europe: Silicone Demand Trends, 2010 - 2020
- Table 1 | Europe: Key Indicators for Silicone Demand, 2010 - 2025 (2019US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | Europe: Silicone Demand by Country, 2020 (%)
- Figure 4 | Europe: Silicone Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Table 2 | Europe: Silicone Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 5 | Europe: Silicone Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Figure 6 | Europe: Silicone Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Table 3 | Europe: Silicone Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 7 | Europe: Silicone Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Figure 8 | Europe: Silicone Market Share by Company, 2020 (%)
- Table 4 | Europe: Selected Suppliers to the Silicone Market
- Table 5 | Countries in Western Europe
- Table 6 | Countries in Eastern Europe
- Table 7 | HS Codes Related to Silicone
- Table 8 | NACE Codes Related to Silicone