Silicones: United States
This report forecasts to 2023 US silicone demand in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: elastomers, fluids, resins, and gels and other products such as foams and pastes. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: transportation; construction; personal care; electronic products; medical and healthcare; and other markets such as chemical, electrical equipment, and machinery.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
For the purposes of this report, silicones are defined as polymers of silicon and oxygen. To avoid double counting, silicone demand is determined at the producer level and includes only basic products such as elastomers, fluids, resins, and gels.
Siloxanes used as silicone products themselves (as in personal care product formulations) are also included. Foam control agents used in foam insulation are included in the chemicals – rather than the construction – market.
Excluded are: downstream silicone products such as adhesives, sealants, lubricants, defoamers, and molded rubber goods; siloxanes used as raw materials for silicones, although siloxanes used as silicone products themselves (as in personal care product formulations) are included; silanes, including chlorosilane intermediates and silane coupling agents, which are not defined as silicone polymers; and fluids used as intermediates in the production of other silicone product types, including gels, elastomers, and resins.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
325199 Silicone (Except Resins) Manufacturing
325211 Silicone Resins Manufacturing
325212 Silicone Rubber Manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 | Key Trends in the US Silicone Market, 2018 – 2023
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | US Silicone Demand Trends, 2008 – 2018
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Key Indicators for US Silicone Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Key Trends & Opportunities
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- North America Regional Outlook
- Table Figure 3 | North America Silicone Demand by Country, 2018
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 | US Silicone Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table US Silicone Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Gels & Other Products
- Table Figure 5 | US Silicone Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table Figure 6 | US Silicone Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Table US Silicone Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Personal Care
- Electronic Products
- Medical & Healthcare
- Other Markets
- Table Figure 7 | US Silicone Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Leading Participants in the US Silicone Industry
- Momentive Performance Materials
- Wacker Chemie
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Silicone
- Freedonia Methodology