Tires: United Kingdom
This report forecasts to 2022 tire demand and production in units in the United Kingdom. Total demand is also forecasted in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level. Total demand by volume is segmented by market in terms of: light motor vehicle original equipment manufacturer (OEM), light motor vehicle replacement, medium and heavy motor vehicle, motorcycle, and agricultural and other markets such as industrial vehicles and aircraft. Total production by volume is also segmented by type as follows: light motor vehicle; medium and heavy motor vehicle; and motorcycle, agricultural, and other types such as industrial vehicles.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand by volume, total demand by value, total production by volume, and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2007, 2012, and 2017.
Tire sales include both the OEM and replacement (or aftermarket) segments. Retreaded, regrooved, and used tires and bicycle tires are excluded from the scope of this report.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2017.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
- Table Figure 1 | UK: Key Trends in Tire Demand, 2017 – 2022
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | UK: Tire Demand Trends, 2007 – 2017
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table UK: Key Indicators for Tire Demand, 2007 – 2022
- Technology Overview
- Retreaded, Regrooved, &Used Tires as Competitive Products
- Western Europe Outlook
- Table Figure 3 | Western Europe: Tire Demand by Country, 2017
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 | UK: Tire Demand by Market, 2007 – 2022
- Table UK: Tire Demand by Market, 2007 – 2022
- Light Motor Vehicles
- Medium & Heavy Motor Vehicles
- Table Figure 5 | UK: Tire Demand by Market, 2007 – 2022
- Agricultural & Other Markets
- Table Figure 6 | UK: Tire Production by Type, 2007 – 2022
- Table UK: Tire Production by Type, 2007 – 2022
- Table Figure 7 | UK: Tire Production by Type, 2007 – 2022
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Industry Leaders
- Table Figure 8 | UK: Tire Production Capacity Share by Company, Year-End 2017
- Table UK: Tire Production Capacity by Company, Year-End 2017
- Cooper Tire & Rubber
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table HS Codes Related to Tires
- Table SITC Codes Related to Tires
- Table NACE Codes Related to Tires
- Freedonia Methodology