Transport Refrigeration Systems: United States
This report forecasts to 2024 US transport refrigeration system demand and shipments in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level. Demand is also forecasted to 2024 in units. Total demand in value and unit terms is segmented by product in terms of: trailers, shipping containers, and trucks. Total demand in value terms is also segmented by market as follows: food distribution; and other markets such as food and beverage retail, and food and beverage production.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand in value terms is provided in annual series from 2009 to 2019; total shipments by value, total demand by units, and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2009, 2014, and 2019.
Transportation refrigeration systems include those products installed on trailers, shipping containers, and trucks. For the purposes of this report, ""food"" is occasionally used to refer to both food and beverages.
Excluded from the scope of this report are: air conditioning systems; all refrigeration equipment designed for residential use; revenues generated from service and maintenance activities on commercial refrigeration equipment; containers that house food and beverage products for transport; and equipment used in liquid natural gas facilities, as the capacity of these products exceeds the defined size of commercial refrigeration equipment.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
333318 Other commercial and service industry machinery manufacturing
333415 Air-conditioning and warm air heating equipment and commercial and industrial refrigeration equipment manufacturing
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Technology Trends
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Shipping Containers
- MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Food & Beverage Distribution
- Other Markets
- SUPPLY & DEMAND FORECASTS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Industry Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Key Trends in the US Transport Refrigeration System Market, 2019 - 2024
- Figure 2 | US Transport Refrigeration System Demand Trends, 2009 - 2019
- Table 1 | Key Indicators for US Transport Refrigeration System Demand, 2009 - 2024
- Figure 3 | US Transport Refrigeration System Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (US$ mil)
- Figure 4 | US Transport Refrigeration System Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (000 units)
- Table 2 | US Transport Refrigeration System Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024
- Figure 5 | US Transport Refrigeration System Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (% of value)
- Figure 6 | US Transport Refrigeration System Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (US$ mil)
- Table 3 | US Transport Refrigeration System Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (US$ mil)
- Figure 7 | US Transport Refrigeration System Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Table 4 | US Transport Refrigeration System Supply & Demand, 2009 - 2024 (US$ mil)
- Table 5 | Leading Suppliers to the US Transport Refrigeration System Market
- Table 6 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Transport Refrigeration Systems