Vaccine Packaging: United States
This report forecasts to 2025 US vaccine packaging demand in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: glass vials; prefillable syringes; vial closures; secondary vaccine packaging such as folding boxes and cartons; and other products such as ampuls, labels, and security components.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2010, 2015, and 2020.
For purposes of this report, vaccine packaging demand is defined as the value of finished packaging products sold by merchant companies and produced or assembled internally by pharmaceutical manufacturers and contract packaging firms.
Demand for blister packaging in this report includes not only the blister component itself but also the value of the secondary folding carton, shrink wrap, and other accessories (such as tamper-evident seals or packaging inserts). In other words, it is the cost of a finished package to the drug maker (whether it is produced internally or by contract packaging firms). The blister component of the package is generally not used on its own without secondary packaging. As such, demand for boxes and cartons used in the blister packaging is excluded from secondary packaging data to avoid double counting.
US statistics for vaccine packaging products include sales and production activities in Puerto Rico. Most major multinational drug makers operate one or more production facilities and consume a significant volume of packaging in that territory.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
322211 Corrugated and solid fiber box manufacturing
322212 Folding paperboard box manufacturing
326111 Plastics bag and pouch manufacturing
326112 Plastics packaging film and sheet (including laminated) manufacturing
326160 Plastics bottle manufacturing
327213 Glass container manufacturing
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Vaccine Packaging Industry
- New Product Development
- North America Regional Outlook
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Glass Vials
- Prefillable Syringes
- Vial Closures
- Secondary Vaccine Packaging
- Other Products
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Key Trends in US Vaccine Packaging Demand, 2020 - 2025
- Figure 2 | US Vaccine Packaging Demand Trends, 2010 - 2020
- Table 1 | Key Indicators for US Vaccine Packaging Demand, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | North America Vaccine Packaging Demand by Country, 2020 (%)
- Figure 4 | US Vaccine Packaging Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Table 2 | US Vaccine Packaging Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 5 | US Vaccine Packaging Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Table 3 | Selected Suppliers to the US Vaccine Packaging Market by Product
- Table 4 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Vaccine Packaging