Windows & Doors: Canada
This report forecasts to 2025 window and door demand and production in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level (i.e., excluding the value of features and services added between the manufacturer and end user, including door hanging and finishing operations not offered by the door slab manufacturer) in Canada. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: metal windows, wood windows, vinyl windows, fiberglass windows, metal doors, wood doors, vinyl doors, and fiberglass doors. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: residential buildings and nonresidential buildings.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2010 to 2020; production and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2010, 2015, and 2020.
For the purposes of this report, the value of installed glazing is included in the demand numbers for all window products. Windows with multiple openings (e.g., bay and bow types) that are sold as one unit are considered to be one window.
For doors, the value of installed glazing, sidelites, and/or transoms is included if these features are sold by the manufacturer as part of the framed system.
To avoid double counting, parts and components sold to, or imported by, manufacturers for assembly into new windows and doors are excluded from the scope of this report.
Also excluded are: windows and doors for automobiles or other transportation equipment, windowed cabinets, fencing gates, shower doors and bathroom stall doors, elevator doors, pet doors, and moulding and trim.
Separately sold replacement hardware not typically sold as part of the window or door unit (e.g., door knobs, locks, door stops, and garage door openers) are outside the scope of this report. However, the value of these products is included when they are sold as part of an integrated new window or door unit.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2020.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
321911 Wood window & door manufacturing
326199 All other plastics product manufacturing
332321 Metal window & door manufacturing
- MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact on the Window & Door Industry
- Regulations & Standards
- North America Regional Outlook
- PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Metal Windows
- Wood Windows
- Vinyl Windows
- Fiberglass Windows
- Metal Doors
- Wood Doors
- Vinyl Doors
- Fiberglass Doors
- MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Residential Buildings
- Nonresidential Buildings
- SUPPLY & DEMAND FORECASTS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Figure 1 | Canada: Key Trends in Window & Door Demand, 2020 - 2025
- Figure 2 | Canada: Window & Door Demand Trends, 2010 - 2020
- Table 1 | Canada: Key Indicators for Window & Door Demand, 2010 - 2025 (2019US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | North America: Window & Door Demand by Country, 2020 (%)
- Figure 4 | Canada: Window & Door Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Table 2 | Canada: Window & Door Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 5 | Canada: Window & Door Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Figure 6 | Canada: Window & Door Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (US$ bil)
- Table 3 | Canada: Window & Door Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 7 | Canada: Window & Door Demand by Market, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Table 4 | Canada: Window & Door Supply & Demand, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Table 5 | Canada: Selected Suppliers to the Window & Door Market
- Table 6 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Windows & Doors