Windows & Doors: Canada
This report forecasts to 2023 window and door demand and production in Canada in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level (i.e., excluding the value of features and services added between the manufacturer and end user, including door hanging and finishing operations not offered by the door slab manufacturer). Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: metal windows, wood windows, vinyl and fiberglass windows, metal doors, wood doors, and vinyl and fiberglass doors. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: new residential construction, residential improvement and repair, new nonresidential construction, and nonresidential improvement and repair.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; production and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
For the purposes of this report, the value of installed glazing is included in the demand numbers for all window products. Windows with multiple openings (e.g., bay and bow types) that are sold as one unit are considered to be one window. For doors, the value of installed glazing, sidelites, and/or transoms is included if these features are sold by the manufacturer as part of the framed system.
To avoid double counting, parts and components sold to, or imported by, manufacturers for assembly into new windows and doors are excluded from the scope of this report.
Also excluded are windows and doors for automobiles or other transportation equipment, cabinets, fencing gates, shower doors and bathroom stall doors, elevator doors, and pet doors. Moulding and trim are excluded as well. Separately sold replacement hardware not typically sold as part of the window or door unit (e.g., door knobs, locks, door stops, and garage door openers) are outside the scope of this report. However, the value of these products is included when they are sold as part of an integrated new window or door unit.
The wood segment includes wood doors clad with metal or plastic materials, but which have a wood interior. Wood windows include only those products in which all the framing components (e.g., jambs, sills, stiles, rails, and mullions) are made of wood.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2018.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
321911 Wood window & door manufacturing
326199 All other plastics product manufacturing
332321 Metal window & door manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 | Canada: Key Trends in the Window & Door Market, 2018 – 2023
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | Canada: Window & Door Demand Trends, 2008 – 2018
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Canada: Key Indicators for Window & Door Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Key Product Trends & Growth Opportunities
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- North America Regional Outlook
- Table Figure 3 | North America: Window & Door Demand by Country, 2018
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 | Canada: Window & Door Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table Canada: Window & Door Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Metal Windows
- Wood Windows
- Vinyl & Fiberglass Windows
- Metal Doors
- Wood Doors
- Vinyl & Fiberglass Doors
- Table Figure 5 | Canada: Window & Door Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table Figure 6 | Canada: Window & Door Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Table Canada: Window & Door Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- New Residential Construction
- Residential Improvement & Repair
- New Nonresidential Construction
- Nonresidential Improvement & Repair
- Table Figure 7 | Canada: Window & Door Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Supply & Demand
- Table Canada: Window & Door Supply & Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Industry Leaders
- Table Canada: Selected Participants in the Window & Door Industry
- Cornerstone Building Brands
- Masonite International
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Windows & Doors
- Freedonia Methodology