Wood & Competitive Decking: United States
This report forecasts to 2023 US decking demand in lineal feet. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: wood decking; wood-plastic composite decking; and plastic and other decking such as metal, stone, and concrete. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: residential buildings, commercial buildings, and nonbuilding.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
This report encompasses deck boards, which are used to make the floor of the deck, as well as railing systems (consisting of a top rail, spindles, and bottom rail) and other built-in accessories, such as stairs, benches, and planter boxes.
Decking demand numbers do not include structural components of decking systems (e.g., posts and joints).
Competitive products to decking, which are excluded from the scope of this report, include:
balconies (platforms protruding from an upper story of a building – either cantilevered or supported from below), patios (ground-level, paved outdoor areas located at the rear of a structure and can be either uncovered or shaded), and porches (which can be open-sided, screened, or glass-enclosed; are also raised off the ground; and are typically roofed – porches are often located at the front of a building, although they can also wrap around an entire building).
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
321999 All Other Miscellaneous Wood Product Manufacturing
325211 Plastics Material & Resin Manufacturing
326199 All Other Plastics Product Manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 | Key Trends in the US Decking Market, 2018 - 2023
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 - US Decking Demand Trends, 2008 - 2018
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Key Indicators for US Decking Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Foreign Trade & Tariffs
- Decking Installation & Labor Shortages
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 3 - US Decking Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table US Decking Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Wood Decking
- Wood-Plastic Composite Decking
- Plastic & Other Decking
- Table Figure 4 - US Decking Demand by Product, 2008 – 2023
- Table Figure 5 - US Decking Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Table US Decking Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Residential Buildings
- Commercial Buildings
- Table Figure 6 - US Decking Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Selected Suppliers to the US Decking Market by Product
- UFP Industries
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Decking
- Freedonia Methodology