Wood Decking: United States
This report forecasts to 2023 US wood decking demand in lineal feet. Total demand is segmented by type in terms of: pressure-treated, redwood, cedar, and tropical hardwood and other wood such as untreated white oak and black walnut. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: residential buildings, commercial buildings, and nonbuilding.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
Decks are defined as unroofed, floored areas that are attached to the exterior of a structure. Typically, they are located at the rear of a building. This report encompasses deck boards, which are used to make the floor of the deck, as well as railing systems (consisting of a top rail, spindles, and bottom rail) and other built-in accessories, such as stairs, benches, and planter boxes. Decking demand numbers do not include structural components of decking systems (e.g., posts and joints).
Competitive products to decking, which are excluded from the scope of this report, include: balconies (platforms protruding from an upper story of a building – either cantilevered or supported from below), patios (ground-level, paved outdoor areas located at the rear of a structure and can be either uncovered or shaded), and porches (can be open-sided, screened, or glass-enclosed; raised off the ground; and typically roofed – often located at the front of a building, although they can also wrap around an entire building).
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Code:
321999 All Other Miscellaneous Wood Product Manufacturing
- Table Figure 1 | Key Trends in the US Wood Decking Market, 2018 - 2023
- Market Environment
- Historical Trends
- Table Figure 2 | US Wood Decking Demand Trends, 2008 - 2018
- Key Economic Indicators
- Table Key Indicators for US Wood Decking Demand, 2008 – 2023
- Foreign Trade & Tariffs
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- Demand by Installation Method Outlook
- Table Figure 3 - US Wood Decking Demand by Installation Method, 2018
- Historical Trends
- Segmentation & Forecasts
- Table Figure 4 - US Wood Decking Demand by Type, 2008 – 2023
- Table US Wood Decking Demand by Type, 2008 – 2023
- Tropical Hardwood & Other Wood Types
- Table Figure 5 - US Wood Decking Demand by Type, 2008 – 2023
- Table Figure 6 - US Wood Decking Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Table US Wood Decking Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Residential Buildings
- Commercial Buildings
- Table Figure 7 - US Wood Decking Demand by Market, 2008 – 2023
- Industry Structure
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
- Table Selected Suppliers to the US Wood Decking Market
- Koch Industries (via Georgia-Pacific)
- UFP Industries
- About This Report
- Industry Codes
- Table NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Wood Decking
- Freedonia Methodology